This page provides an overview of the computing resources available for students at UNC.
Computer Lab (Hanes 115) Protocol:
- Do not use computers for personal activities.
- Close and lock the lab at all times.
- Do not go away while leaving your jobs running. Long time simulations should be done using remote servers.
- Do not attempt to adjust the temperature of the room. If the temperature of the room is uncomfortable, please go to the third floor and speak with the Department Manager or Administrative Services Staff.
- Log out at the end of every session.
- Do not turn off the machines in the computer lab unless there is a problem.
- Keep the computer lab neat. Please be responsible for your own items and recycle/remove as appropriate.
- If toner or paper is low, please go to the third floor and speak with the Department Manager or Administrative Services Staff.
- Please print on both sides of paper.
- If the printer is not working, submit a remedy ticket to OASIS.
Asking for Help: